Everything to know about critical skills work visa, South Africa
The critical skills work permit South Africa is designed to assist the country to bring in the expertise and skills required to meet the objectives set in their national infrastructure projects. To attain this visa, the applicant must have expertise in an occupation listed on the South African Critical skills list.
In simple terms, the critical skills work visa allows the applicant to enter in South Africa without a job offer. It permits the applicant to search for a job in the country, once the applicant found work, she/he can then change it to a work Visa.
Critical Skills Work Visa Required Documents:
Like with every Visa, the applicant has to collect all the necessary documents with their application form. Below are the document details needed for the critical skills visa.
- Filled Application form
- Original passport( valid for at least 30 days)
- Medical report
- Radiological report
- Any documents showing family relations such as adoptions, marriage license or divorce decrees.
- Police clearance certificate
- A vaccination certificate ( only if passing through a yellow fever zone)
- Proof that the visa applicant falls under the critical skills category
- Proof of a job offer
- Proof that the applicant has the skills to be eligible for this visa
And application to apply for a work visa can be simply made online on the Employment permits online.
Before filling the application carefully check the critical skills work visa checklist which will help the process.
If any doubt, there is a guide available online which helps the users through the process and the documentary needs for each visa type.
Key features of the South Africa Critical Skills Work Visa:
- An applicant can visit South Africa without an offer letter
- Visa is based on qualification and visa according to the critical skills list described by the Department of Home Affairs.
- Initially, a visa is granted for 1 year and later can be expanded on conditions
- Within the Visa grant duration, an applicant should find a job.
- As per Critical skills work permit, a visa can be extended up to 5 years.
When applying for critical skills work permit, it is very important to check every document carefully before presenting your visa application to the South African Embassy. The minor mistakes like blank form, incorrect details could lead to your critical skill visa being rejected.
In case, your visa gets rejected, a simple file an appeal in the department of Home Affairs so that they can recheck your application form
What documents are required for an appeal?
- Copies of all the additional/supporting documents
- Rejection letter copy
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the Residence visa( South Africa)
The critical skills work visa South Africa is the key to work and gets settle in South Africa. South Africa is among the most pleasing country in the world, The country has witnessed a breathtaking rise in its cultural and economic profile in the recent 2 decades.