While it could be complex to get your visa sanctioned for jobs or self hosted business, possessing critical skills will help you do this way easier. Critical skills visa South Africa would be issued for applicants who possess exceptional skills or qualifications that may be scarce within South Africa. Issued for a period less than five years, there are several regulations that prevail regarding the critical skills visa and need to be known.
What are critical skills?
Critical skills as defined earlier, are specific qualifications or areas of work for which workforce with specialized knowledge in South Africa is scarce or rare. For these critical skills, the country seeks international talent to help and support the country’s economy by providing them occupation in the respective fields. As per the critical skills list South Africa 2018, critical skills include the following:
- Agricultural operations, agriculture and other related sciences
- Architecture and built environment
- Economics, Business and Management studies
- Information communication and technology
- Health professions and clinical sciences
- Life and earth sciences
- Professionals and Associate professionals
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Academics and Researchers
Critical Skills Visa Appeal
The government in South Africa has identified various areas of work where the population in South Africa lacks specialized work force or qualified professionals. There are constant requirements of skilled work force for the same. As per the studies of the government, these skills may also be necessary for the ultimate growth of the country’s economy. Many of these may have been attracted from outside the political borders of the country and critical skills visa has been therefore implemented with a view to fulfill these requirements.
This motive of this visa is to attract international talent to fulfill the economic requirements on the South African shores. Individuals from foreign land who specialize in these areas apply for the critical skills visa South Africa. With continually progressive laws and qualified migrants, South Africa had been noted as one of the fastest growing countries.
Considerable Specifics of the Critical Skills Visa South Africa
- This one falls under the category of temporary residency visa and allows foreigners to legally reside and work in South Africa for a period of 5 years.
- This visa would be granted considering the fact that the applicant had proved his qualification for the respective occupation from the list of critical skills as determined by the authorities.
- The applicants can apply for this visa without a job offer.
- The holder, once granted the visa, should be able to acquire a job within 12 months.
- It is not mandatory for the applicant to receive a letter of recommendation from the Department of Labor.
- Considering several regulations, this visa could also allow the applicant to apply for permanent residence in the country.
Important Critical Skills Visa South Africa Documents
In order to get the visa procedures duly fulfilled, you may require the following documents:
- Completely filled DHA-1738 form.
- Passport with minimum 2 blank pages and validity of at least over 30 days from the intended dates.
- Birth certificate
- Cover letter with the most basic personal details.
- Medical certificates (not older than 6 months).
- Police clearance certificate which proves that you have lived at the place for at least 12 months before turning 18.
- At least two recommendation letters or testimonials from previous employers.
- Proof of accommodation.
- job Offer letter or job contract (if any).
- Proof of sufficient financial means
- Registration with an SAQA recognized council
Based on the critical skills list and the guidelines for application, you may apply for your critical skills visa South Africa.